Fallsburg Lodge 1122
Fallsburgh Lodge 1122
In the Fall of 1937 Louis Halprin conceived the idea of organizing a Masonic lodge in South Fallsburgh and after discussing the proposition with several prominent residents of South Fallsburgh and Monticello at the Flagler Hotel in South Fallsburgh a Masonic club was organized for the sole purpose of bringing Brother Halprin’s idea to reality.
After the club was organized, meetings were held with the brethren of Monticello Lodge, who recommended the formation of a lodge at South Fallsburgh to be known as Fallsburg Lodge. At a meeting of the club on December 31, 1937, it was announced that Bro. Milton H. Henderson, who was then District Deputy, was in favor of the organization of a lodge at South Fallsburgh and that he would take up the matter with Grand Lodge.
A conference was then held with the officers and Past Masters of Monticello Lodge at which the organization of Fallsburg Lodge was discussed and decided upon favorably. Immediately thereafter W. Bro. Harry C. Resnick prepared the necessary petition and other papers for procuring a dispensation from Grand Lodge and sent them to the various lodges in the Delaware-Sullivan Masonic District for action.
At the meeting of February 16, 1938, it was announced that Monticello Lodge, at its meeting on February 11, 1938, had unanimously voted its consent to the organization of Fallsburg Lodge and it was also stated that the officers and Past Masters of Monticello Lodge had been most cooperative. By March 9, 1938, fourteen of the lodges in the district had given their consent to the formation of Fallsburg Lodge.
In the meantime, through the courtesy, cooperation and assistance of Monticello Lodge, the exemplification of the three degrees was rehearsed and the work put on by the brethren of Fallsburg Lodge.
The first degree was exemplified on April 14, 1938; the second degree on April 22, 1938, and the third degree on May 20, 1938. In August of 1938 the petition and other papers for the dispensation were filed with Grand Lodge. On November 16, 1938, which was the last meeting of Fallsburg Club, it was announced that the dispensation of Fallsburg Lodge had been granted on November 9, 1938. Immediate arrangements were thereupon made for the institution of Fallsburg Lodge on November 22,1938, in the Masonic Temple of Monticello Lodge. At the appointed time and place Fallsburg Lodge was instituted by R. W. Henry C. Turner, who was then Deputy Grand Master of Masons of the State of New York. The officers were then installed and Fallsburg Lodge commenced to function. Candidates were admitted and degrees conferred.
On March 29, 1939, a special communication was held after a dispensation was duly procured from the Grand Master and the Master Mason Degree conferred upon a class of five at the Masonic Temple of Monticello Lodge. On April 12, 1939, the last meeting of Fallsburg. Lodge under dispensation was held, at which time all reports and papers were made ready for submission to the Grand Lodge and petition was made for the granting of a charter to Fallsburg Lodge, U. D.
At the Grand Lodge convention held in May of 1939, Fallsburg Lodge as duly granted its charter and became officially known as Fallsburg Lodge No. 1122, F. & A. M. On November 8, 1939, Fallsburg Lodge was duly constituted by R. W. Henry C. Turner, who was then Deputy Grand Master of Masons of the State of New York. Bro. Harry C. Resnick was duly installed as the first Master. Under his capable leadership the lodge continued to function. Bro. Charles Tarrow was the second Master and Bro. Isaac Silberman was the third and present Master of Fallsburg Lodge No. 1122.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.